This week I have been grateful for:
- Our new juicer and the vast amount of fruit I have been feeding in to it. I am enjoying exploring different combinations of fruit and vegetables. If you have favourite juice recipes please let me know in the comments. I would love to try them.
- My Seasonal Affective Disorder light. Recently over the last few weeks I have been feeling very lethargic, unmotivated and tearful. If I am honest at times I have just been straight out depressed. Each day I have been waking up feeling like there is a cloud hanging over my head and all I have wanted to do is curl up in bed.
On a bit of a whim Chilly offered to buy me a SAD light therapy light. It arrived on Tuesday and I have used it every morning for up to an hour for 4 days now. I already feel so much better. A weight has lifted from my shoulders. I haven't been tearful and I feel motivated and happy. I wish I had bought one sooner.
- A lovely afternoon taking Eli to visit his Great-grandma.
- Kathryn for hanging out with me on Monday when I felt tired and lost. I am grateful for good friends.
- The Sunday roast cooking in the oven as I type.
- The roof I have over my head. Unfortunately it seems our plans to buy our own house have fallen through due to unforeseen circumstances and we will be staying here for this next year. At first I felt very disappointed and sad. I am ready to move on from this house, it no longer feels like home and represents to me a time in my life I have left behind. Things can not be helped however and so instead of focussing my energy into moving into a new home I am going to focus my energy on being grateful for what I have and to begin to turn this house back into a home I will be happy to stay in for a little while longer.
- Putting up our Christmas tree and my hand made paper chains.