Recently I discovered this post over on Wooly Moss Roots about Gratitude Sunday and it has inspired me to join in and share a weekly gratitude list. So here is my first list.
This week I have been grateful for...
- Eli being healthy and appearing to be putting on weight.
- My milk supply, which seems to be plentiful. I am so glad I seem to be making enough milk. Whilst at times I feel like I am struggling and need some personal space, I am loving being able to nurse my baby. Breastfeeding is helping me heal from many of the issues that have been getting me down about my experience of Eli's birth.
- Owning a fan. It has been so hot here that without that dirty, falling apart old fan I am sure we would have all melted or worse, Eli would be poorly sick.
- The first strawberries being ready to crop in my garden. Home grown organic strawberries are orgasmic in comparison to supermarket bought strawberries! They tasted good!
- The kindness of my friend Claire for coming over, giving the kitchen a quick clean for me and hanging my washing out. It is so difficult to keep on top of the housework when you have a newborn baby.
- The baby monitor arriving, meaning I can have a bit more freedom in the house when Eli is asleep.
- My washing machine for allowing us to keep on top of the mountain of clothes we need to wash each day.
- Being able to sit and draw for the first time since Eli's birth, even if it only lasted for 15 minutes. Here is the colour I managed to add to my majestic stag during this time. It may not be much but it made me so happy to be creative.